Join us for another round of Around the Table, and spend an evening with Decorah UCC friends enjoying a delicious meal and delightful fellowship.
At Around the Table you’ll share a (pot-luck) meal with 6-8 folks at the home of a Decorah UCC host. The ONLY purpose of this gathering is to get to know each other better. It will be random and maybe a bit awkward the first 5 minutes and then honestly, I bet a whole LOT of fun! We’ve picked 3 dates in hopes at least one will work for most everyone.
- Friday, March 16, 6:00-8:30 pm
- Saturday, March 24, 5:00-7:30 pm
- Thursday, March 29, 6:00-8:30 pm
Please sign up for a date online or on the sign-up sheet in the Fellowship Room that works for you. Please let us know which dates you can make it, and which has your preference. We will do our very best to get you in on your date of preference.
If you are able and willing to host, please indicate this on the sign up sheet as well.. We need several hosts to make this possible.
Hosting a dinner for “Around the Table” is a simple and generous way to get to know our fellow Decorah UCC members better. Here is what we ask of our Hosts:
1) Open your home for 6-8 guests to join you for dinner and fun, relaxed conversation.
2) Hosts provide all set up and clean up.
3) You’ll be in charge of contacting your designated guests (we will provide you with the list of guests closer to the date) to set up a coordinated potluck dinner. You can ask guests to bring a dish, side, or dessert. (Simple dishes such as soup & salad, baked chicken & vegetables, chili, spaghetti, casseroles, or build your own tacos are perfect.)
4) There is no formal agenda, but be prepared to offer a few conversation starters. Our organizing team will be providing each host with some thoughtful, engaging questions for each group to discuss.
If you like, feel free to partner with someone as a Co-Host! You can even host at the Church if your house cannot accommodate 6-8 people.
Our thanks for extending your heart and home as a Host!